Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sympathy Card

I have a friend who just lost her father and her brother only 12 hours apart. Her father had been ill for some time and her brother had some heart problems, but to lose them both in the same day is just heart breaking. I wanted to send her a handmade sympathy card and when I came across the beautiful card that Kathi made here, I knew that I had to "case" it for this occasion. (BTW, if you haven't visited Kathi's blog before, be sure to check it out. She is amazingly talented and inspires me daily!)
I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the front of the card and then used CTMH Chocolate cardstock on the inside overlapping it just a bit. Then I added a sentiment from Papertrey's Mixes Messages set in Chocolate ink. I finished off the simple card with some satin ribbon I found at Big Lots for only $1. (Can't beat that!)

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is simply stunning. I'm sure your friend will be so thankful for your thoughtfulness. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Lisa! I love the ribbon. I love that Cuttlebug for fast and easy that looks like more!

    ReplyDelete