Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boxed Card Set

I had so much fun making the box for the Card Kit last week that I thought I'd try another one. Once again the instructions for the box can be found here. I altered my box a tiny bit by making each of the panels 7.5"x7.5" This allowed room for my envelopes. I used CTMH's Celebrate Life set for the butterfly and sentiment on the box along with Legendary Moments for the fun flourishes around the border.
Here is a view from the top. You can see that I was able to fit 10 flat cards and 10 envelopes in the box. You could probably even fit 10 folded cards in the box.
The cards were made using Heavenly Blue Cardstock and Ink. I love the flourishes in the Legendary Moments Set. The one I used is actually a corner Flourish, but if you line it up correctly, you can flip it around every other time you stamp it to make it work on a flat edge. And of course, I used my favorite Say it with Style, May Stamp of the Month for the sentiments in the corner. I was going to make these folded cards but after I finished the card fronts, I decided to leave them as flat cards. I also stamped on the envelope flaps.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! OOOOOOhhhhhh hope you don't mind if I totally CASE this. Would be a perfect gift for someone I need to make a gift for.

    Your work is always inspiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I want to case this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous project! I haven't seen a CTMH catalog in years, looks like I'm missing out. :) Your blog and projects are all just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I think that your have inspired me to make these for the preschool teachers as a year end gift. Thanks for the inspiration. I will post mine on my blog when I get a few sets done! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! It is a rainy day here in PA so I hope to play with this project this afternoon!!

    Thank you for sharing it and I plan to visit your blog often!

    http://www.bethstamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, lisa! i looove the colors, the butterfly, and the flourishes on the side of the envelopes!
    abrazos,
    bella
    one of your ctmh sisters

    ReplyDelete