Saturday, October 11, 2008

Birds Galore Card

OK, so I have had this Inkadinkado stamp set sitting on my desk for over 2 months just crying out "Use me! Use me!" I bought it at Michael's when it was on sale a while back because I loved it. I kept it out on my desk as a reminder to actually use it!! Last night was the night. I had a few hours to play and this is what I made...
I pulled out some super old paper that I had in my stash. I know it came from an old Stack, but not sure which brand, sorry. I paired it with some CTMH Crystal Blue cardstock. I used my Nestabilities for the scallop rectangle and the regular rectangle. The image is stamped in StazOn and colored in with my CTMH watercolor pencils. I used my CTMH Blending Pen to blend it a bit. I wanted to use my markers to make the color more vibrant, but the color was just too dark and didn't match the patterned paper. It proved to me once again why I like using CTMH's B&T paper. It matches their other products (i.e. markers) perfectly.

Anyway, I added some ribbon from my Papertrey stash and a few Foam Squares and wa-la...a card that I may actually send to someone. LOL!
Stamps: Inkadinkado's Birds Galore and Garden Flower (sentiment)
Cardstock
: CTMH Crystal Blue, Papertrey's White Card Base
Patterend Paper: Source unknown
Inks: Black StazOn
Other: Nestibilities Scallop Rectangle and Regular Rectangle, Papertrey's Spring Moss Twill Ribbon, 3-D Foam Squares, CTMH's Watercolor Pencils and Blending Pen

6 comments:

  1. Once again...I saw these stamps and liked them a bit, but didn't know how I could make them look good. I believe I really need to figure out how to see things more creativtely because this is just terrific!

    One of the reasons I love blogs so much (and my wallet doesn't) is blogs like yours that help me "see" what is possible.

    Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big birdie fan but OMGOSH I LOVE that little birdie and how you have the flowers flowing behind. I am always inspired here - thanks Lisa for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute!! And the way you photographed it...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card!! The stamp and colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete