Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day has been a bittersweet day for me for 18 years. My dad was a wonderful man who I loved more than anything. We were very close. When I was 21 years old, just finishing up college, he was killed in a plane crash. (He was a pilot.) Every Father's Day since had been hard because it reminds me of how much I miss him. However, since having kids of my own almost 6 years ago, I now have a new reason to celebrate Father's Day. Today is all about the man who is the father of my two wonderful children! I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to the man that I married 9 years ago. He is an amazing father! Happy Father's Day hunny! I love you very, very much!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father (sounds like he was doing something he loved). I know how you feel, except it's Mother's Day for me.

    You have a beautiful family and much to celebrate! I'm sure your father is looking down on you with great satisfaction. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your father. 21 is too young to love such a close loved one.

    Your family is so cute and I'm glad you have a reason to celebrate Father's Day now.

    ReplyDelete