Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Anniversary Card

This is the anniversary card that I am going to give my hubby today. I used some brown textured cardstock for the base. After printing the words “I love you Andy” a trillion times on white CS, I stamped the little love birds and heart from CTMH’s Solo 2 stamp set. I used my Nesties to cut out the window on the outside along with the large piece on the inside. Then I added some Cranberry Ribbon to the top with a little tag stamped with “Happy Anniversary” from Papertrey's Mixed Messages set. The “I love you” on the inside came from CTMH’s Because I Love You stamp set.

ETA: I just gave the card to my hubby and he said, “I like the cute little cups toasting each other.” What? Cups? I had to gently correct him and tell him that they are love birds. I guess they do kind of look like cups with legs. Oh well. LOL!
This is the inside of the card.
Here is a close up. Can you see the text in the background? It says, “I love you Andy” about a zillion times. I typed it up on my computer and printed it out before I used my Label One Nestabilities to cut out the large shape.
Today is the 9th anniversary of the day my wonderful hubby and I got married! We celebrated last weekend with a nice dinner on Friday night and an amazing hot air balloon ride over Temecula’s beautiful wine country on Saturday morning.

This is the two of us just before we floated up.
Our balloon was called Fantasia. You could see Mickey Mouse’s wizard hat at the very top of the balloon from the inside. It was pretty cool.
For more photos of our hot air balloon adventure, feel free to check out my family blog here.

Have a great day! *Ü*

5 comments:

  1. How cute AND simple....way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Lisa and Andy! What a great card - I saw love-birds (for the record). Thanks for the tip about printing the word background on the computer - - - why have I never even thought about doing that? I print out titles, and journaling, and . . . well, I just never thought about printing out what might become background paper.

    You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and Happy Anniversary.

    Funny things is that I thought they were cups too. I even have and have used that stamp!

    ReplyDelete