Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Few Valentine Cards

Today is a special day for my hubby. He turns the big 4-0 today! (Happy Birthday sweetheart!) Yes, his birthday is on Valentine’s Day...EVERY year! LOL! We were planning on going to a fun Valentine’s Banquet at church last night to celebrate both special occasions, but unfortunately the kiddos are sick and I didn't want to expose the other kids at church to their wonderful germs, so we searched for a babysitter at the last minute only to find that no one was available. So we ditched the banquet and stayed home instead.

Anyhoo, here is the card that I gave my hubby this morning along with the gift that he has been asking for forever—a scroll saw. (I think it is kind of like a Cricut for boys. It just cuts wood instead of paper. LOL!) He said that he loved both the gift and the card.
This is the inside of the card.
After I gave my hubby his gift and card, he felt bad that he didn’t get me anything for V-day. I told him not to worry about it, that he was the best gift of all. (I really meant it.) Just as I was getting ready to leave for church (he had to stay home with the sick kiddos since I was teaching Sunday School), he gave me the card below. When I opened it, I thought, "WOW! I didn’t know he knew how to stamp.” Then I realized that the card was actually one that I had made a while back. He went through my stash, pulled it out, signed it, and gave it to me. I laughed so hard because I have never received a card that I actually made myself.
I had to show you what he wrote inside because it is really sweet! Remember that the card I gave him said “Somebirdy Loves You” on the outside and “You make my heart sing” on the inside. Is he the sweetest thing or what? I love you hunny! Happy B-day and V-day!!! XOXO.
I have one more card to share with you today. I just received this one from my friend and 2nd upline Denise Anderson-Turley. Isn’t it so C-U-T-E? Thanks for thinking of me Denise! You are such a sweetheart!
Have a wonderful afternoon everyone. Don’t forget to give someone you love a big a hug and kiss today! *Ü*

All supplies are from CTMH unless otherwise noted.

“Somebirdy Loves You” card:
Cardstock
White Daisy, Cocoa, Tulip
Stamps
Love Birds
Ink Pads
Cocoa, Tulip, Sunflower Marker, Tulip Marker

Other
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provocraft), Cuttlebug, Sanding Block, 3-D Foam Tape

“Thank You” card:
Cardstock
White Daisy, Baby Pink, Chocolate
Stamps
Bird Basics, Gracious Greetings, Key to my Heart (retired)
Ink Pads
Blush, Chocolate, Black

Other
Sanding Block, 3-D Foam Tape

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Lisa! The artwork is beautiful, but your husband is the real treasure. Enjoy your day and hope the kiddos are back at 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful as always Lisa! That card that your hubby found in your stash is on my computer in my "inspiration" folder too. I've always loved your work, so when I saw this post today I thought "hey, I've seen that card before" lol

    Well, Happy Birthday to your wonderful hubby and Happy Valentine's to you both! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,

    Thank you for sharing - it's a nice reminder how sweet true love can be! I remember your card (that Andy signed so beautifully for you) - I copied it because it was the most amazing card in the entire world. I feel that way about a lot (most) of your cards!!!

    I'm glad you had a wonderful Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa, your husband is so sweet!
    I can't believe he went through
    your stash, that is crafty and
    sweet!!!! I could not find the
    Valentine I made for my husband, I
    was so mad. I made it at a stamp
    show and was so proud of it.
    Oh well, he knows I love him just
    the same.
    Hugs to you, hope your children are
    feeling better soon.
    -Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! LOVE the card you made your hubby, love the one he 'made' you, and love his note even more. That's a lot of love for one post! lol. Happy Valentines Day! I hope the kiddos are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa I always get so inspired when I visit your blog. Thank you for continuing to share!

    ReplyDelete