Monday, November 28, 2011

Wonderland "Printers" Tray


Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days. I was visiting family for Thanksgiving and spending as much time with them as I could. (Plus my little guy was sick all week, so he was a little extra needy.) But I am back and ready to share a fun project that I just finished.


I made this wintery “printers” tray for a gift. Although I am not sure I can really call it a printers tray since it really is just a wooden shadow box. Believe it or not I found this great 7" x 7" shadow box at the Dollar Tree in the frame section. I painted it brown and used some scraps of Close to my Heart’s Wonderland papers inside each section. Then I decorated them with various CTMH products including some Winter Cheer Glitter Rub-Ons (which are on clearance right now on my website), Designer Brads, Pin Clips, Top Coats Icing Overlays, Cocoa Ribbon Collection, Basic Assortment Buttons, Chocolate Waxy Flax, Black Mini Medley Accents Collection, Heavenly Blue Ribbon Rounds (retired), and a few Bitty Sparkles.


This little snowman was my daughter’s idea. I had a piece of frayed Waxy Flax on my table and she said, “Hey Mommy, that looks like a snowman’s arm.” And so the snowman was born...


The little presents and the Noel ornament below are super glittery. It was hard to capture the shimmer in the photo. They are from the Winter Cheer Glitter Rub-Ons which retail for $13.95. They come with 2 sheets of adhesive shapes and 3 sheets of glitter, and the best part is that they are on clearance right now for only $3 on my website! They are really fun to work with.


Hope the recipient likes it. It didn’t cost very much as I used scraps and products that I already had on hand, though she doesn’t have to know that. Right? LOL!

Oh, by the way, did you know that tomorrow is the last day to enter my HUGE giveaway? All the details and the entry form can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!! The snowman is my favorite. My compliments to you (and your daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling! It would make a great gift... I must visit a Dollar store now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Very creative. Nice color pallate.

    ReplyDelete