Thursday, August 9, 2012

Make It From Your Heart "Smiles" Layout


As promised, I have another layout from the new Make It From Your Heart publication to share with you today. Remember the layout that I shared here a few days ago? This layout uses the same pattern, but it is rotated. Did you know that you have hundreds of other options when you rotate the patterns?

Instead of using the square shapes shown on the pattern, I used a bracket shape from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.



I used papers from both the Clementine and Scholastic Collections on this layout. (Don’t you just love mixing papers from different Collections?)


The banner title was made using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge as well. I wanted it to coordinate with the large Chocolate Striped Ribbon I used on the layout, but since I didn’t have any smaller ribbon to match, I used my Chocolate marker and a ruler to draw stripes on some white cardstock. I trimmed the cardstock and added a strip to each pennant. Some Mocha Pearls and Embroidery Floss tie it all together.


The flowers and leaves were also cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I inked the edges before rolling them to give them a little dimension. I finished them off with some Adhesive Pearls.


This great How-To book includes 16 two-page layout patterns, 2 single-page patterns, and 12 card patterns all for only $7.95! Are you convinced that you need to order the Make It From Your Heart publication yet? If not, stay tuned. I have even more projects to share that might convince you...

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout! And such a sweet time with your child.

    thank you for posting how you made that striped banner "ribbon" with a marker. I've been going through all my stamp sets wondering which one you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout Lisa! So much so that it inspired me & is duplicated with Dakota papers for my monthly class.

    Like Lalia, thank you for sharing how you made the striped ribbon look on your title banner!

    ReplyDelete