Thursday, February 14, 2013

CTMH Caribbean Cruise


Did you miss me? I am finally home from the Close to my Heart Caribbean Cruise and am excited to share some of the highlights with you. As many of you know, Close to my Heart has an incentive trip each year that Consultants can earn for free. This year it was a cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Summit ship. We each had our own veranda stateroom. It was AMAZING to wake up each morning, step out onto our personal “patio,” and be greeted with a beautiful Caribbean view!!!!


We sailed out of San Juan, Puerto Rico and visited St. Croix, St. Kitts, Grenada, Dominica, and St. Thomas. Each island was just beautiful.

Close to my Heart spoiled us each day with a little surprise gift. (I will post photos later this week.) Not only did I receive a gift from CTMH each day, but I had a secret sister that left me some special gifties as well. (Photos of the gifties to come.) Between all of the gifts, the never-ending food, and the beautiful destinations, I was definitely spoiled.

Here is a photo of some of my CTMH family who were on the cruise as well. From left to right: Debbi Fournier, Sheri Rottler, Cindy Baker, Denise Anderson-Turley, me, Christine Adams. I am humbled to be part of such an incredibly creative and successful family!


Life sure is rough in St Croix! lol (with Christine Adams)


When we got off the ship one day, the locals surrounded us wanting us to buy something. We managed to walk away without buying anything, but the next thing I knew, someone put a monkey on my head and Andy started taking pictures. Apparently, the guy wanted us to pay him for this "wonderful experience." So instead of arguing, we gave him some money and left. I must say that I was happy to see that the monkey was wearing a little diaper. lol


 One of the locals in Grenada. This guy was really nice!


This is my sweet friend Amy McGrew. (Amy's sneaky husband called our stateroom and pretended he was the captain and invited us to the captain’s table for dinner one night. He almost had me fooled. LOL!)


This was taken on one of the formal nights. My CTMH BFF Christine Adams and her sister-in-law Renee. LOVE these girls. They are so much fun!


My hubby and I had dinner at one of the coolest restaurants I have ever been to called Qsine. I cannot even begin to explain how funky and cool this place was. Even the menus were cool. We ordered on iPads. You will have to watch the video to see for yourself. It was a totally fun and unique experience!


Andy with our waiter serving us the Lava Crab! Soooo yummy!



 
Two of my favorite CTMH peeps—Christine Adams and Melissa Laverty, otherwise known as “Fancy Melissa.”


Kissing the love of my life on the most beautiful beach in the world. 
This was taken on Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas.


Sunset from our balcony on the very last evening as we left for home.


It was an amazing trip! Thank you Close to my Heart!!!!!

I’ll post photos of my secret sister gifts and CTMH gifts tomorrow...

8 comments:

  1. So nice to live vicariously through you... so happy you earned the trip and the cool stuff that goes along with that perk... one day I will be a consultant earning trips... for now I just shop a lot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I took this cruise last year - fun to relive through your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had as much fun on your trip as we did! *Ü*

      Delete
  3. Fabulous photos! I'm with KC, living vicariously through you (and pleased that someone else thinks the same way!!!) I enjoy seeing your pictures even if I'm not there! That's one of the joys of being a scrapper - seeing what everyone else is up to! Anyway, I hope the southern California weather is giving you a calm welcome home;-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. The trip was wonderful, but it is good to be home. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey there...love our pic together. You are awesome. Love ya - Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Mel. I forgot to email you that photo. Feel free to take it from my blog if you like or let me know if you would like me to send you a higher res file. xoxo

      Delete