Friday, November 7, 2014

Artfully Sent Birthday Cards with link to DS File


I found a card on the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge that I really liked but wanted to change it up a bit. I was able to bring the card from the Artfully Sent booklet on page 30 into Design Space (the program that is used with the Cricut Explore machine) and remove the cutout of the words “over the hill.” I did this by clicking “detach” and then “contour.” I then clicked on each of the letters and the card base itself to remove them. Then I made a new card front with a rectangle shape and sized it to 4¼" x 5½" and moved the cake shape on top. I then clicked the “slice” option. Here is a link to the file if you’d like to use it to make your own card.

In the open space where “over the hill” used to be, I stamped “Happy Birthday” from the Build-a-Cake stamp set. I was able to maneuver the sentiment stamp on my clear block to make it bend enough so that it fit perfectly in the open space on the card.

I created a masculine version and a feminine version of the card by simply using different colors/papers behind the cake cut-out. The masculine card uses papers from the Seaside Collection while the feminine card uses papers from the Brushed Collection.



I adhered the papers along with some Chocolate cardstock for the cake plate and Canary cardstock for the candle flames behind the cutout cake. Then I adhered the entire piece to a card base so that you can’t see the (messy) paper piecing on the back. Stay tuned for even more fun masculine and feminine cards from the Artfully Sent Cartridge.

Click here or on the icon below to order the supplies I used on these cards and/or other Close to my Heart products.

No comments:

Post a Comment