Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Watercolor PML Easel Card


Two of my favorite new products in the new CTMH catalog are the watercolor paints and the new Picture My Life Overlay Cards. I used them both to create this fun easel card. I started with a 4" x 6" piece of watercolor paper and painted a rainbow of colors at an angle.  I let it dry and then placed it under some heavy books to flatten it out.

Then I scored a piece of 6" x 9" cardstock at 4" and again at 6½" and made a Z-fold. I attached the top of the watercolored cardstock to the top flap of the Z-fold. (See photo below.) I then rounded all of the corners with a Corner Rounder.


I embellished the card by attaching one of the Gold Overlay PML Cards to the front with some Micro Glue Dots under the gold areas so they wouldn't show. I also added a small cluster of stamped images from the Shower Flowers stamp set along with some banner shapes that I cut from two other PML cards and a piece of Gold Glitter Paper. I finished off the cluster with a couple of Gold Bling Gems.

On the bottom of the inside of the card, I added a small piece that I cut from another Gold PML Overlay Card (by adhering the Micro Glue Dots behind the gold) and a tiny strip that I cut from the Gold Glitter Paper. The small strip of Glitter Paper is raised just enough to hold the card front up when it is opened and displayed.


This would be a fun card to receive and display. *Ü*

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the use of the overlays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those overlays caught my eyes too and who doesn't LOVE watercolor!! Your so talented putting the two together to create such a beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun even just getting to see it in email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete