Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Packaging Ideas

There is nothing better than getting a fun, thoughtful gift that is wrapped in a fun, festive way. I have two great wrapping ideas to share with you today. 

The first box is perfect for wrapping all kinds of treats. It is cut using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. I cut the box on page 44 of the Artiste booklet as large as I could from a piece of 12" x 12" Cranberry cardstock. If using an Expression machine, select “fit to page.” If using an Explore machine, you can make the box 11.06" high x 11.75" wide.  After scoring, folding, and assembling the box, I trimmed down (2) White Pines Picture My Life Cards and adhered them to the front. I added a couple of Red Enamel Gems to the center of the ornaments and stamped a sentiment in Chocolate ink. I tied a small bow at the top to keep the box closed.


The next one is an old-fashioned Christmas Cracker Box. It is also cut using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. (I love that this cartridge has so many fun boxes on it!) I cut the box on page 68 of the Artiste booklet as large as I could from a piece of 12" x 12" patterned paper from the White Pines Collection. If using an Expression machine, select “fit to page.” If using an Explore machine, you can make the box 9.17" high x 11" wide. 


After scoring, folding, and assembling the box, I created (2) accordion flowers out of another piece of patterned paper from the White Pines Collection. You can see how to make these fun accordion flowers in the video below. (The dimensions for the ones I made for the Christmas Cracker Box are 1" x 12", scored every ¼".)


After the accordion flowers dried, I cut (2) 1¼" scallop circles from a a piece of Chocolate cardstock and attached them to the center. Then I attached a Base & Bling Glass Circle Cover (from the Base & Bling Jewelry line) to the bird on one of the White Pines Picture My Life Cards using a medium Adhesive Dot Circle.  If you are careful when you trim it out, you can use the bird on both sides of the PML card so that you will be able to have one bird on each side of your box. I attached them the center of the flowers on each side.


Here is a link to the Design Space file for both boxes that you can use if you have an Explore machine and the Artiste cartridge.

If you like the White Pines Collection, be sure to order yours soon as this line will be retiring at the end of the month along with most of the items in the 2015 Holiday Expressions mini catalog.

To order the supplies used for these projects, click here or on the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment