Monday, June 27, 2016

Love Journal


You may remember back in April when I posted this photo and mentioned that there was a lot of  “love” in my craft room that day. I realized that I never posted a follow-up so I thought I’d do that today. My church had a women’s Mother’s Day luncheon where we listened to an amazing speaker, had a delicious lunch, shared some wonderful fellowship, and made a fun little craft project. The topic that day was on love, so we thought it would be fun to have all of the ladies make a journal where they could record their thoughts and prayers about family, friendships, love, etc.  


Since we only had 15 minutes for the craft project, it had to be something quick and easy. I cut 75 “love” images from page 35 of the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge from various colored cardstock. I cut two sizes of flowers using the image on page 29 of the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from some patterned paper from the Sangria Collection. Each person at the luncheon received a journal which we covered with Kraft cardstock, along with the cut flowers, leaves, a clear sparkle, and some Foam adhesive. They inked the edges of the flowers with Chocolate ink and decorated their own journals. 

(Just an FYI, three of CTMH’s Cricut Collections will be retiring on July 31st including Art Philosophy, Artiste, and Artfully Sent. So if you have been wanting any of these great Collections, be sure to order them while you can before they retire.)


Some of us decided to go one step further and doodle on the cover of our journals. Some added bible verses, notes from the speaker’s presentation, and/or doodled artwork.


We had a great time honoring the Lord and each other that day. Here is a photo of the ladies who sat at my table with their finished journals. I am so blessed to attend a church with such amazing women. I love them so much!

8 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is beautiful. I thought the LOVE cutout was maybe 4 X 4 and was awed when I saw it was much larger. This would make a lovely gift. Must try it when I get home. In Orlando doing my care giver duties so my sisters can get a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. I'm so glad you like it Leslie. It was definitely a quick and easy project. *Ü*

      Delete
  2. Beautiful idea! I mentor at our MOPS group and this would be a perfect project for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista. This would be perfect for a MOPS craft. (I was in MOPS when my kiddos were younger too. Loved it!) *Ü*

      Delete
  3. This is such a fabulous idea Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. I wish I was close so that I could join you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I wish you were closer too! xoxo

      Delete